BOWDEN HOUSE SCHOOL’S MISSION
- Is to create a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment in which all members of the school community can grow in confidence and develop to their full potential
- Is to raise the aspirations and life chances of every student by providing first class learning opportunities
- Is to recognise and celebrate students of all abilities
BOWDEN HOUSE SCHOOL’S VISION
- Is to create a school community where students participate, excel and are proud of their achievements
- Is to nurture and support all students to make consistent and positive progress in their educational and social development
- Is to encourage the students, staff, and parents/carers to work together as a team. Please see our ‘Policies’ section of this website for our full Mission Statement
Bowden House School is fully accessible. Our new school was opened in May 2012 and is fully DDA compliant. There is excellent provision for those in wheelchairs and those with mobility impairments.
All classrooms, learning and living spaces are suitable for wheelchair users. There is a lift in the main teaching building and en-suite accessibility bedrooms in the living unit. Accessible toilets are located for both students and adults throughout the school.
The acoustics in the building have been carefully considered to support those with hearing impairments and the school has a Portable Audio Frequency Induction Loop System if required. The school car park has two disabled parking bays.