Bowden House School provides a flexible ‘stage and age’ grouping admissions policy with:
- Specialist support to establish and maintain links between home and school
- Access to the full National Curriculum and a Parallel Curriculum with a range of Vocational options
- Access to AQA Unit Awards, Entry Level and GCSE qualifications, Functional English, DIDA (ICT) and BTEC courses
- External Leadership course and Annual Camps to develop learning ‘outside the classroom’
- College links for Year 11 students and full-time attendance for Years 12 & 13 including Independence training
- Outstanding 24 hour care and support with a range of out-of-school activities
- On-site therapeutic Counsellor
- On-site Speech & Language Therapist
- Visiting Educational Psychologist
- Home/school transport for students who live within the London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- A qualified and experienced staff team.
Bowden House School recognises effort and performance both within and outside of the school. A ‘Privilege’ system operates throughout the school and is based upon improvement in academic and social areas of the curriculum with students earning additional activities and agreed rewards. The school’s ethos incorporates principles of structure, continuity and security within which the individual student will be able to maximise his personal, social and educational development and thus improve his life chances at Post-16.
Bowden House School is subject to inspections by OFSTED where standards in both education and care are judged. The school is currently judged as ‘Good’ in both Education and Care (2015).